The Expandable hybrid trailer is called that for a reason – it’s a combination of the best that the container and trailer have to offer. It’s as flexible and easy to transport as an Expandable Trailer, but it still has the low step height and compactness of an Expandable Container. Today, we take a closer look at the Expandable hybrid – the best of both worlds.
Meet the Expandable hybrid
The hybrid trailer distinguishes itself from our other offerings because it incorporates features of both – flexible and easy to set up, yet compact and with a low step-in height. It has a flat surface area of 53 square meters; when expanded, it’s 12,6 meters long and 4,8 meters wide. During transport, its width is reduced to 2,6 meters, so it can fit on pretty much any truck.
How can the hybrid trailer have wheels, yet still have a height of only 35 centimeters off the ground? That is because of a little feature called the axle box. This is where the wheels disappear into as the hybrid lowers to the ground. From the inside, it looks like a metal box that can be used for various purposes – a bar, a table, or perhaps even a desk. It’s a feature, not a bug, that can be incorporated into the interior design of the hybrid trailer.
- Simple and quick setup, just 15 minutes for 1 person!
- A low entrance of just 35 centimeters
- A compact design, yet spacious when fully set up
- Transportable by a normal or low-deck truck
- Modular design with options to pick from, like electric door(s), single/double hinged door(s), harmonica doors, and glass side panels
How to set up the Expandable hybrid
- Step 1: park your hybrid at a secure location. Make sure you deploy it on stable ground. A level surface is nice but not necessary (more on that later).
- Step 2: lift the container with its four wirelessly controlled hydraulic cylinders.
- Step 3: when the container is completely free, you can safely drive the trailer out from under it, and consequently raise the skirts.
- Step 4: now you can lower the container onto the ground using the hydraulic cylinders, which double as an automatic leveling mechanism.
- Step 5: using the same remote controller used for the cylinders, expand one or both longitudinal sides and their respective floor panels.
- Step 6: finally, you can extend the rear platform and secure the removable stairs securely in place.
How about you?
The Expandable Hybrid is a versatile and efficient trailer that can help you expand the capabilities of your company. Its hybrid design, versatility, ease of use, and durability make it an excellent choice for a variety of applications. To learn more about the Expandable Hybrid and other trailers offered by Expandable Trailers, visit their website or contact their sales team.
Check out our configuration page to see examples of all the various options we have to offer.
Yes, I want to design my own Expandable Hybrid Trailer!