It is Expandable's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Issued: February 03, 2024
Version number: #2024001
2. Scope and Acceptance
2.1. About Expandable B.V. and Expandable LLC
Expandable, encompassing Expandable B.V. and Expandable LLC, is a pioneer in delivering state-of-the-art, customizable movable spaces designed for a range of applications including road shows, product launches, and event promotions. Emphasizing innovation, our mission is to provide sustainable and cost-effective solutions without compromising on design and functionality. With a commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, Expandable utilizes cutting-edge technology and multifunctional design to ensure our offerings are not only practical but also enhance the aesthetic appeal and efficiency of any event or space.
If you have questions about this policy or our use of your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com (Europa) or firstname.lastname@example.org (United Sates) or call +31 (0)85 890 21 88 (Europa) or 864-400-5095 (United States)You can also write to us at the following address: Expandable B.V. Meerheide 25, 5521DZ Eersel, The Netherlands or Expandable LLC 7120 Augusta Road, Piedmont, SC 29673, United States
3. Personal Information We Collect
Expandable values your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This chapter outlines the types of personal information we collect and how it's gathered across our interactions with you.
Information You Provide: This includes details shared when you engage with our services, such as your name, email address, phone number, and any user comments or feedback. When you create a business account, we collect information like business name, your position, and contact details.
Information Collected Automatically: As you navigate through our services, we collect usage data that helps us understand how you interact with our offerings. This includes IP addresses, device identifiers, and browsing behaviors.
Information from Third-Party Sources: We augment our records with information from third-party services like HubSpot for CRM functionalities and Microsoft Business Central for ERP solutions, to offer you a tailored experience.
We ensure that the collection and use of your data are in full compliance with relevant privacy laws, using it to improve our services and your user experience.
3.1. Information You Provide
In this section, we would detail how we collects personal data directly from users, including but not limited to, names, contact details, feedback, and preferences. This data is typically gathered through forms, account registrations, and interactions with customer service. The section would emphasize the voluntary nature of this data provision and how it directly influences the user's experience, enabling personalized services and communications.
3.2. Information Collected Automatically
Expandable is dedicated to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information. We share your data only when necessary for providing our services, complying with legal obligations, or with your explicit consent. Key instances include sharing with third-party service providers like HubSpot and Microsoft Business Central for operational needs, during business transactions such as mergers or acquisitions, and for legal compliance, such as responding to court orders. We ensure all third parties adhere to our privacy standards and applicable laws.
3.3. Information from Third-Party Sources
Expandable integrates data from third-party sources like HubSpot and Microsoft Business Central to enrich and update our understanding of customer needs and preferences. This process enhances service personalization and operational efficiency.
4. How We Collect Your Information
Our collection methods are diverse, ensuring we have a comprehensive understanding of your needs and preferences. You might provide us with identifying details through multiple avenues: when you initiate a customer inquiry, fill out a “Contact Us” form on our website, subscribe to our newsletters or business updates, or during interactions with our business representatives. Should you reach out to our customer support via phone, we gather User Information to enhance the service provided to you. It's important to note that providing this information is voluntary but essential for utilizing our Services fully. In instances where necessary information for service provision is withheld by you, our ability to deliver these Services might be compromised. Examples of directly collected information include:
• User Information: This encompasses data about users of our Services, including names, contact details (such as email addresses and phone numbers), affiliations with companies or businesses, job titles, and physical addresses. This category extends to content stored on our Services, like inquiries, feedback, or reviews, as well as details provided for transactions, such as payment data and delivery addresses. Interactions with our customer support might also be recorded, including detailed communications.
• Business Account Contact Information: Similar to User Information, this includes contact details related to our business engagements, such as names, job titles, business names, business addresses, business emails, and phone numbers. This information pertains to our current and potential clients, partners, contractors, vendors, and others interested in our Services.
• Usage Information: We track how you interact with our website, including your IP address (which could indicate your geographical location) and the devices you use to access our site. This data helps us improve our Services and your experience, monitor our website's performance, and understand our user base's demographics. It includes metrics on Service usage, application events, aggregated usage, performance data, software exceptions, and the source of application downloads. Cookies and similar technologies, like web beacons, assist us in collecting this information, enabling us to analyze web page views, clicks, and visitor interactions without necessarily personally identifying you. These cookies, including session-based ones, help us understand site interaction and identify any page-specific errors. It's worth mentioning that social media interactions are tracked by the respective companies, not our website.
• Other Third-Party Information: We enhance our records with data received from third-party services that support our operations, such as payment processors and customer relationship management platforms. This third-party information is integrated with the data we collect directly through our Websites.
• Job Applicant and Employee Information: For job applicants and employees, we collect comprehensive personal and professional information, including but not limited to, personal identification details, contact information, demographic data, employment history, financial details, and credit history evaluations.
Through these varied data collection methods, Expandable aims to deliver superior Services tailored to your needs, ensuring a seamless and personalized experience across our platforms.
5. How We Use and Share Your Information
At Expandable, we collect and utilize your information with utmost respect for your privacy and in line with your expectations. Here's how we handle different types of information:
• User Information: Your personal details, such as contact information and any comments or feedback you provide, are essential for the delivery of our products and services. We communicate updates, authenticate your identity, and tailor content specifically to your preferences. This information drives our innovation and supports our legal, security, and operational activities. For effective delivery and improvement of our services, we share User Information with trusted service providers like HubSpot CRM.
• Business Account Information: Information related to your business account, including contact details and other business-related information, is used to facilitate the delivery of our products and services. We ensure communication is seamless, authenticate transactions, strive for product improvement, and comply with legal obligations. To enhance our operational efficiency, we share this information with business solutions like Microsoft Business Central.
• Usage Information: Engagement data from our website, including IP addresses, is crucial for optimizing our website's performance. We analyze this data regionally to ensure language and services are appropriately tailored. While we generally do not share Usage Information with third parties, it may be necessary for service improvement or to meet legal requirements.
5.1. Specific Uses of Personal Information
• To Provide Services and Support: We use your personal information to manage and deliver our services, fulfill contracts, and provide support. This includes using your information to produce reports, offer consulting, education, training, maintenance, and customer service. Calls may be recorded to enhance the support offered to you and others.
• For Engagement: Your information facilitates participation in online forums, events, and training sessions.
• To Prevent Illegal Activities: We employ your personal information to deter, investigate, and protect against unauthorized or illegal actions related to our services.
• Legal Compliance: We may be obligated to use or disclose your personal information to comply with legal processes like court orders or subpoenas.
• Marketing and Service Improvement: Your information is used to inform you of new products, services, and events, conduct surveys, and for analytics to improve and create new services. We also manage promotions, contests, and communicate with participants in accordance with legal regulations.
• For Job Applicants and Employees: Information from job applicants and employees is used for employment evaluation, human resource administration, and compliance with reporting obligations.
• Other Purposes: We may also use your information for any other legal, business, or marketing purposes that align with this Policy.
We do not sell your information and only share it with external parties as necessary, maintaining a commitment to protect your privacy within the scope of our services.
“Do Not Track Requests.” Your web browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” (“DNT”) requests are sent to the websites you visit. Expandable respects your wishes and will not track user activity once DNT signals have been activated. However, implementation of DNT settings might interfere with or limit your ability to receive our Services through interaction with our website.
6. How We Share Your Information with third Parties
Expandable may share your information under the following conditions:
• Service Providers: Expandable shares personal information in limited circumstances and with particular third-party service providers that facilitate our operations. This includes our customer relationship management platform. Any transfer of data to these processors adheres strictly to applicable data protection laws. Such third-party processors are authorized to use the information solely to deliver their services.
• Legal Obligations: When the law requires or permits, such as in response to legal processes or to protect our rights, we may disclose your information. We may also share information when necessary to protect your safety or that of others, address emergencies, investigate fraud, enforce our policies and terms, and comply with government requests including those for national security or law enforcement.
• Publicly Posted Content: Information that you disclose in public areas of our website or on social media may become public. Expandable is not responsible for the privacy of information that you choose to publicly post.
• With Your Consent: With your approval, we may share your information with third parties. For example, we may publish personal testimonials on our website with your name, given your consent. Should you wish to amend or remove your testimonial, you can contact us as outlined in this policy.
• Anonymized Data: We may share anonymized information that cannot identify you personally for broader use, consistent with relevant laws and regulations.
7. Service Providers and Business Partners
Expandable collaborates with a variety of service providers and business partners to enhance and support our service offerings. These collaborations are essential to our operations, allowing us to maintain and improve the quality of our services, innovate new solutions, and ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
Selection and Onboarding: We carefully select our service providers and business partners based on their reputation, reliability, and adherence to data protection laws and best practices. Before engaging with any third party, we conduct thorough due diligence to ensure that they meet our strict standards for security, privacy, and data protection.
Data Sharing and Usage: Our service providers and business partners may have access to personal information in the course of providing their services to us. This can include cloud hosting services, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, payment processing services, marketing and analytics services, and technical support services, among others. We ensure that such access is governed by strict contractual obligations that require these parties to:
• Use personal information only for the purposes for which they were engaged by us and in accordance with our instructions.
• Implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
• Comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Data Transfer and International Considerations: When our service providers and business partners are located in different jurisdictions, we take steps to ensure that any transfer of personal information is conducted in compliance with international data protection laws. This includes the use of data transfer agreements, adopting standard contractual clauses approved by regulatory authorities, or ensuring that the entities are certified under international data protection frameworks.
Monitoring and Compliance: Expandable maintains ongoing oversight of our service providers and business partners to ensure compliance with our data protection and privacy standards. We regularly review their practices and performance to ensure that they continue to meet our high standards.
Commitment to Privacy and Security: Our collaboration with service providers and business partners reflects our commitment to maintaining the privacy and security of personal information. We strive to work with entities that share our values and dedication to protecting user data, ensuring that our ecosystem of partners contributes positively to the trust our customers place in us.
By engaging with service providers and business partners under these strict guidelines, Expandable ensures that our extended network operates with the same level of integrity and commitment to privacy and data protection as we do.
8. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Our Rights
Expandable operates with a steadfast commitment to legal compliance and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. While we prioritize the privacy of our customers, we are also dedicated to fulfilling our legal responsibilities and will comply with applicable laws and respond to lawful requests from law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
Adhering to Legal Obligations: When we receive a request from law enforcement or other government agencies, we closely scrutinize such requests to ensure they are valid and legally binding. We may disclose personal information when it is required under applicable law, including court orders, subpoenas, or other legal processes. In doing so, we strive to ensure that any disclosure is minimal and strictly in line with the specific legal demand.
Protecting Our Legal Rights: Beyond legal compliance, we may disclose personal information if we believe it is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Expandable, our customers, or others. This can include enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms of service, as well as addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
Transparency and Communication: Expandable is committed to maintaining transparency with our customers regarding our legal obligations. Unless prohibited by law or court order, we aim to notify affected individuals about legal demands for their personal information, allowing them to seek protective measures.
Ongoing Review: Our policies and procedures for responding to law enforcement requests are regularly reviewed and updated to align with evolving laws and our commitment to customer privacy.
Collaboration with Authorities: We are dedicated to establishing a collaborative approach with law enforcement agencies, ensuring that any information disclosure is responsible, legitimate, and within the framework of the law.
By balancing our legal obligations with the privacy expectations of our customers, Expandable ensures that we act responsibly and ethically in all matters related to law enforcement and the protection of our rights.
9. Your Choices and Rights
Expandable empowers you with choices and control over your personal information. You have the right to access, correct, or delete your data. Additionally, you can opt-out of marketing communications and restrict the processing of your information. We provide tools and settings to manage your preferences. For any requests or questions regarding your rights, please contact us directly.
9.1. Access, Correction, Deletion
Expandable provides you with the ability to inquire about, update, or remove your personal information that we store at any time. To request details about the personal data we hold, or to ask for corrections, updates, or deletions of your information, please contact us directly using the contact details provided at the beginning of this policy.
There is no charge for accessing your personal information, but we reserve the right to impose a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. We may also refuse to respond to such requests under these circumstances.We retain your personal information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to provide our Services, or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Even if you have not created an account with us, we may retain certain information if required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
To confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your information, we may need to request specific information from you as a security measure to prevent the disclosure of personal data to unauthorized individuals. Furthermore, we may reach out to you for more details about your request to expedite our response. We strive to respond to all requests within 45 days. If your request is complex or involves multiple inquiries, it may take longer, and we will inform you if this is the case.
9.2. Opt-Outs and Preferences
Expandable offers visitors and customers the option to decline receiving certain forms of communication from us. This choice is presented at the time we collect information and also within the communications themselves. If you have opted in to receive information about our Services in the past but no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us regarding new products or services, you can opt out in the following ways:
By sending an email to our customer service team, indicating your desire to be removed from marketing communications.By clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Please note that even after you unsubscribe from marketing communications, you may still receive communications regarding products or services you have previously purchased or inquired about, or other non-marketing related information.
9.3. Use by Children
Expandable does not intentionally handle personal data for which we decide the processing objectives and methods from children below 13 years old without prior consent from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and suspect that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information without your approval, please get in touch with us so we can remove your child’s information from our records.
10. How We Protect Your Information
At Expandable, safeguarding your personal information is a cornerstone of our operations and values. We employ a comprehensive approach to protect the data you entrust to us against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
• Security Measures: We implement robust security measures that align with industry standards and best practices. These measures include technological safeguards like encryption, firewalls, and secure server configurations, as well as physical safeguards such as controlled access to our data centers.
• Employee Training and Policies: Our employees receive regular training on privacy and data protection best practices. Access to personal information is limited to authorized personnel who are required to treat the information confidentially and are held accountable for security compliance.
• Data Minimization: We adhere to the principle of data minimization, ensuring that only the necessary data for the intended purpose is collected and processed. We also regularly review our data inventory to ensure that we do not retain personal information longer than necessary.
• Monitoring and Evaluation: We continuously monitor our systems for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. Regular security evaluations and penetration testing are conducted to assess the resilience of our systems against unauthorized access.
• Incident Response: In the unlikely event of a data breach, we have an incident response plan designed to promptly address security incidents. We are committed to communicating with affected individuals and authorities as required by law and without undue delay.
• Partner and Vendor Management: We vet our third-party service providers and partners to ensure they meet our stringent security requirements. Agreements with these entities include obligations to protect any personal information they may handle on our behalf.
• Continuous Improvement: Our security policies and procedures are subject to ongoing review and enhancement to keep pace with new threats and technological advancements.
Your trust is paramount, and we are dedicated to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information. While we take all reasonable steps to secure your data, we also encourage you to take measures to protect your personal information online, such as using strong passwords, enabling two-factor authentication, and being wary of suspicious emails and links.
11. Data Retention
Expandable is committed to responsible data retention practices that comply with applicable laws and regulations and align with industry best practices. Our data retention policy is designed to ensure that personal information is not kept longer than necessary and is consistent with the purpose for which it was collected.
Retention Period: We retain personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the specific purposes outlined when the information was collected, to provide our services, to comply with legal obligations (such as tax and accounting requirements), to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide our services.
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject. For instance, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them.
• Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position. This could include adherence to statutes of limitations, litigation, and regulatory investigations.
Data Disposal: Upon the expiration of the retention period, personal information is securely deleted or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it. We employ specialized procedures to dispose of personal data in a manner that respects your privacy and ensures that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Review and Update of Retention Policies: Our data retention policies are reviewed regularly to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and to reflect changes in our business operations. We may also update our retention policies in response to new technology, business practices, or stakeholders' expectations.
By retaining personal data only for the duration that it is needed for its intended purposes, Expandable upholds its commitment to protect the privacy and security of our clients’ information.
12. Specific Rights Under GDPR and CCPA
Expandable acknowledges the specific rights granted to individuals in various jurisdictions by data protection laws like the GDPR for European Union residents and the CCPA for California residents. We are committed to facilitating these rights and providing the necessary tools and mechanisms for compliance.
For EU Residents (GDPR): If you are a resident of the European Union, you are entitled to additional rights under the GDPR. These include the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, the right to access your data, the right to rectification if your data is inaccurate or incomplete, the right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object to processing, and rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
For California Residents (CCPA): California residents have specific rights under the CCPA. These include the right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared, the right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions), the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising their CCPA rights.
Exercising Your Rights: Expandable provides tools and settings within our Services to manage your preferences and to exercise these rights. For any requests or questions regarding your rights under GDPR, CCPA, or any other jurisdiction-specific rights, please contact us directly using the contact information provided. Our dedicated team will assist you in navigating your rights and will respond in a manner compliant with the regulations pertinent to your locality
Expandable conducts an annual review of this policy and maintains the authority to alter it as needed. We advise you to revisit this document regularly to stay informed about any updates. Should there be a significant revision to this policy, we will indicate the forthcoming changes before they are implemented and publish the updated policy on our website(s). It is essential for you to maintain your contact details up to date in our records. By continuing to access our website(s) following the announcement of changes to this policy, we will interpret your continued use as acceptance of the personal information processing practices outlined in the revised policy.